The capstone project is designed to provide the student with an experiential leadership opportunity to develop, implement, and evaluate a team project that will improve patient/community outcomes in an appropriate setting where healthcare is delivered or community health is influenced. Students reflect upon, integrate and apply knowledge of nursing research, leadership and management, community health, teaching and learning, and nursing theories to their project.
Capstone projects are carried out during the semester the student is in the capstone course NURS 499. They are approved in advance and supervised by faculty. Students are encouraged to consider expanding and applying work done in earlier courses, particularly the leadership change project.
Explore the project listings by visiting each instructor's page.
- Instructor: Bernadette Amicucci
- Instructor: Joanne Bentson
- Instructor: Patricia Burke
- Instructor: Frances Cherkis
- Instructor: Jocelyn D'Antonio
- Instructor: Marsha Deckman
- Instructor: Judith Erickson
- Instructor: Joanne Lavin
- Instructor: Grace Marin
- Instructor: Kathleen Marsala-Cervasio
- Instructor: Connie Newton
- Instructor: Linda Paradiso
- Instructor: Irene Pearlman
- Instructor: Margaret Reilly